Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 10 (March 4th) - Kindness Card

     The idea for this card has been in my head for a LONG time! It was inspired by a card in my very first Stampin' Up catalog as a demonstrator. I even cut and folded the card stock months ago! But of course, I was working on a pile of projects, and then the holidays came, and it all got pushed aside...until about 2 weeks ago when I was organizing my finished and unfinished cards. I found a sandwich baggie, and inside the sandwich baggie were 6 ready to make cards. SO...it was not a challenge what so ever to figure out which card I was making this week!


From Stampin' Up
Card stock: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Pefect Plum, Whisper White
I Heart Hearts stamp set
Heard From the Heart stamp set
Clear blocks C and E
Subtles Collection Stampin' Write Markers
Versa Mark ink pad
Stampin' Emboss Powder white
Heat tool
Big Shot
Fashionable Hearts Embosslits
Stampin' Dimensionals
Snail Tape
Scallop Eyelet Border Punch (clearance)

-Cut Wild Wasabi card stock. Score and fold in the center. 
-Cut two pieces of Whisper White card stock...one for the outside and one for the inside. Attach one piece to the inside of the card using Snail tape. This piece will be used to write your message on.
-Use the Wild Wasabi marker to color the Kindness stamp, and stamp towards the top of the white paper on the outside of the card. 
-Color other assorted hearts from the I Heart Hearts set with various Subtles markers. 
-Border punch a strip of Plum card stock and attach to the back of the stamped piece of paper using Snail tape. 
-Border punch a piece of Saffron card stock. Line it up with the Plum strip, and attach it to the back using Snail tape. 
-Take the piece of White paper and attach it to the front of the card using Snail tape. 
-Using one of the Heart Embosslits, emboss and cut a heart from the Saffron card stock. Attach it to the card using Snail tape. 
-Stamp one of the Hearts on Plum card stock using the Versa Mark ink. Cover in white embossing powder and use tool to heat emboss. 
-Cut out heart by hand, and attach to front of card using dimensionals.

Don't forget, you can order Stampin' Up products from me any time by going to my personal stamp page at
www.mbreamstamping.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment