Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 12 (March 18th) - Happy Father's Day

     I am WAY behind in posting my weeks, but fear not! The projects are actually complete! As I mentioned in my last post, I was spending night and day getting ready for my first show of the year, on top of preparing for my very first Stampin' Up regional event. Both events happened this past Saturday, so now I can finally sit down and talk about the projects I was making (which also went into my show!)
     The first new card I made, was a Father's Day card. I had been waiting and waiting for a good occasion to use my new hexagon embossing plate from Stampin' Up, and I thought Father's Day was a nice manly occasion that would fit the hexagons. Plus, I had never made a Father's Day card, and I had been asked at previous shows if I had any in stock. So now was as good a time as ever! 
     I am very pleased with my first "manly" card attempt, and believe it or not, it was fun to cut out all those little hexagons and place them on the card. Yeah....they are hand cut! :)


From Stampin' Up
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Classic Stapin' Ink pad: Old Olive, Bashful Blue
sponge daubers
Big Shot
Honeycomb embossing plate
Decorative label punch
Snail adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
Something to Celebrate wood stamp set (retired hostess set)

From Michael's
American Craft Fall Stripe ribbon
DCWV Fashion District patterned paper

-Cut a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Crumb Cake card stock. Score and fold in the middle, creating a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. 
-Put the paper in the honeycomb embossing folder. You will have to keep the card closed in order for it to fit when you are running it through the Big Shot the proper way (you are only embossing the front flap, not both front and back together)
-Run each piece of patterned paper through the machine as well. This will create the pattern on the paper that you can then use as guidelines for cutting out all of your little hexagons. 
-I used five different patterns, cutting three hexagons out of each and then placed them randomly using my Snail tape.
-Once all the individual hexagons are attached to the front, you can run a piece of ribbon across the top where the pattern ends. I used Snail tape on the back of the ribbon to keep it in place, then trimmed the ribbon at each edge.
-Stamp Happy Father's Day in Old Olive Ink on Very Vanilla card stock and use the label punch to punch it out. 
-Using a sponge dauber, ink the edge of your label with Bashful Blue ink.
-Punch an additional label from the Chocolate Chip card stock and cut in half vertically. You will place this behind the Vanilla piece and attach with Snail tape, making a frame on each side. (see picture)
-Using dimensionals, place your finished label on the front of the card in your desired location. All finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment