Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 17 (April 22nd) - Embossed Father's Day

     I have to talk a little bit more about my experience at the Stampin' Up regional event in Baltimore. I learned SO many cool techniques, I will be incorporating them into my work for a while! We saw heat embossing done on black card stock. I don't do much with black, because I am such a color lover, but when I saw how the bright colors popped on the black, I thought it was amazing. The card we saw made some random colored streaks, which was neat. But I have had this hexagon stamp set since Christmas time, and I thought the bright colors with the geometric shapes would be perfect together. I think I was right!
     Since the design elements seemed to have a manly feel to them, I decided to make one more Father's Day card to have in stock for my shows. I have not sold any yet, but there is still plenty of time before Father's Day!

Instructions coming soon!

From Stampin' Up
Cardstock:
Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Embossing powder:
Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, White
Versa Mark ink
Something to Celebrate wood stamps (retired)

hexagon stamps from Stamps of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment