Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 20 (May 13th) - Sweet Birthday

     I got the layout idea for this card from a book. I am always trying to refresh my ideas by getting inspiration from other places! 
     When I saw the layout with the rectangles, for some reason, I immediately thought of using this paper with the cakes and candies. I have no idea why...perhaps just because I have been struggling with finding a good way to use this paper and this seemed like a nice, simple idea that really highlighted the images. I have had the paper for quite a while, being another awesome Stampin' Up clearance item I picked up because I liked it, not because I knew what to do with it. The brads, however, were a more recent clearance purchase, and when everything came together, I got really excited. I started to see it in my head, but it was still missing something. So I decided to pull out a technique I used over a year ago, adding glitter to sticky paper as an accent (it helps the glitter NOT wind up everywhere but your card!)
     And so this very sparkly, very yummy, very cute birthday card was born!


Instructions coming soon!

All from Stampin' Up
Cardstock:
Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder,
Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Stampin' Markers:
Pool Party, Island Indigo
Stampin Glitter Dazzling Diamonds
Snail Adhesive
Sweet Shop designer paper (retired)
Jelly Bean brads (retired)
sticky sheets (retired?)

No comments:

Post a Comment