Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 1 (December 30th) - Christmas Ornament Thank You

     Once the craziness of Christmas started to settle down, I got to take stock of all the new fun crafting goodies I had found under my Christmas tree. I also started to put the plan for my Christmas thank you notes together in my head. Instead of going to my standard inspirations and using my normal tools, I said to myself, "You have all this new stuff...use it now, silly!" So I did! And what I made was a bit different than my usual style and I really loved it. I also loved actually getting to use my Christmas presents. This is when my 52 card challenge started to take place in my mind. I figured it was a great way to guarantee that I could finally try new techniques and new tools that I had been meaning to try. Cards are quick, easy, and you can always use them (or sell them to people that can use them)!
     The problem was making myself do it every week. Luckily, this is also the time my friends stepped in and told me I should blog my crafts. After brushing her off, as previously mentioned, I thought the two would work great together. I would have a reason to make a card every week, plus a reason to keep up with a blog!
     SO ANYWAY.....this is that first card! Yes....I did use it as my thank you card for the holidays, however, it's not cheating because I did make it that first week in January!


All from Stampin’ Up
Card Stock: Gumball Green, Whisper White
Stampin' Write Markers: Garden Green, Old Olive
Cherry Cobbler, Real Red
Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine
Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details
Snail Adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
Clear Block C
Ornament Keepsakes Bundle (Christmas 2012 catalog)
All from Stampin’ Up clearance rack (check availability)
Polka Dot paper from Holly Berry Bouquet (clearance)
Big Shot Die Sizzlits Many Thanks (clearance)
Wood stamp Something for Christmas (clearance)
Eyelet Border Punch (clearance)

Cut a 5.5" x 8.5" piece of Gumball Green card stock. Score in the middle and fold.
 Cut a piece of red sparkle dot paper from the Holly Berry Boutique paper and set aside (the piece should be 5.5" long to go across the top of the card, and approximately 1.5" high...you can adjust is according to the proportion of sparkle  paper vs. green paper you want). 
Cut a strip of Whisper White card stock, and punch with the Eyelet Border punch. Trim the ends to fit the 5.5" length of your card. Using Snail tape, attach the border to the underside of your sparkle dot paper and set aside. 
Use the Something for Christmas stamp, and color the ornaments (no strings, so you can adjust the length) you want to use with assorted green Stampin' markers. Stamp these across the front of the card, varying your spacing. Using a Versa Mark pad would work for this as well, but I wanted to little variety in the colors to give it some depth. 
Choose three ornaments from the Ornament Keepsake stamp set, and color them using the Stampin' markers. Cut them, using their coordinating die cuts. 
Attach bakers twine to the back of each ornament, using Snail tape, and add a dimensional to each one to attach it to the card front. (You can keep the twine on the longer side, and trim it right before you are ready to attach the sparkle paper). Attach your twine to the card front, using Snail tape
Add additional Snail tape to the back of the sparkle dot paper and place this at the top of the card, covering your twine. 
Using the Sizzlits Many Thanks die in your Big Shot, with Gumball Green card stock, cut out the words Thank You and attach each letter with a little bit of Snail tape to the sparkle paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment