Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 7 (February 11th) - Sweet Sale Set

     I am proud to say, this is my very first set of cards I have made! I have had many ideas over the years for making sets, some with the same sentiment but different designs, or all different sentiments with the same color scheme. This set is the latter of the two.
     I received this stamp set when I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator. It's easy to see why...it has cute, simple designs, appropriate for a number of occasions. I used this set once or twice for demonstrations, because of this versatility, but I admit that I never got to use it for any big projects. So it has sat upon my stamp shelf for two years, and whenever I come across it I think, that would make a PERFECT set! And so it has!
     I wanted to keep them simple and modern, and make them square. Something about little square cards appeals to me. Probably because they are a little bit outside of the norm, just like me. I decided to pair the stamp designs with the current Sale-A-Bration designer series paper. I got this paper as a free goody, as part of the sale period. And I loved it so much, I made sure I earned a second pack! (Sale-A-Bration runs this year until March 22nd, so contact me if you want some info! There is still plenty of time to earn your free stuff!!) I was worried at first that the patterns might be too distracting with the stamp designs, but after sorting through and certain patterns with certain stamps, I think I came up with some pretty good combinations.And FYI....the adorable little buttons I used were also free during Sale-A-Bration.
     Hopefully, this will be the first of many sets, and I hope even more, that next time I will have just a BIT more time to make a matching box!


All from Stampin' Up
Sycamore Street designer series paper (2013 S-A-B promo)
Buttons from Sycamore Street ribbon and button pack (2013 S-A-B promo)
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo,
Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Stampin' Write markers: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry,
Island Indigo, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit
 Classic Ink Pad-Basic Black
Snail Adhesive
Fun and Fast Notes wood stamp set (retired)

Cut 5 pieces of cardstock, 4" x 8", out of each of the 5 colors. Score in the middle and fold. 
Cut 3.5" x 3.5" pieces of coordinating pieces of Designer Series paper, ad attach to the front of the cards with Snail tape. 
Stamp each image (without inking the sentiment) on white card stock using black ink, and trim to a 2" x 2" piece. Color each image with assorted Stampin' Write markers. 
Using Snail tape, attach the stamped image piece to a coordinating piece of colored card stock (you can follow the color scheme in my picture, or make your own!) I trimmed the colored paper so that only 1/8" was framing the white paper. 
Stamp each sentiment in a coordinating color. Stamp each sentiment in a different color, and then trim into a strip. Cut the ends of each strip to make an arrow....a point on one end, and an indentation on the other, like in the picture. 
Back each sentiment strip in the same color you used to frame your white. I cut mine with scissors, just eye-balling the width of the colored piece that would show. Trimming less than an 1/8" with a paper cutter is very tricky!
Put Snail tape on the back of each image piece and each sentiment piece, then attach to the front if the card, using whatever spacing you prefer.
 Put a glue dot on the back of each button, and attach to the pointy end of the sentiment strip. 
Now you have 5 awesome cards!

Don't forget, you can order Stampin' Up products from me any time by going to my personal stamping site
www.mbreamstamping.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment