Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 2 (January 6th) - Winter Peace Card

     At the start of December, I went to Michael's Arts and Crafts store to do some gift shopping. I decided to go to the Michael's that was a little further than the one I normally go to. A friend of mine works there, so I thought I would visit. Plus I figured they might have new and interesting things I had not seen in my regular store, especially Christmas decorations!!!
     So I packed up kids and went. When we arrived, I found my friend and we chatted a few minutes about where to find a gift I was looking for. I headed in the right direction and then stopped dead in my tracks because Christmas stamps were on sale BIG TIME! I can not have enough Christmas stamps, so of course I stopped to look. One caught my eye right away, so I picked it up, only to be laughed at by my friend a few moments later when she noticed I didn't make it to where I was going yet!
     After getting everything I needed, plus overhearing that I was annoying because I let my kids play with Christmas bells in the cart (sorry, but it was a great way to keep them happy!), I was on the way home, with my card design already in my head. I was sad because I knew based on past experience, I probably wouldn't use this stamp till next Christmas (this was before my big idea). So when week 2 arrived, I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do already!
     This is the card that got to be made with the stamp I immediately fell in love with! I would say 95% of what I use comes from Stampin' Up, but this stamp just spoke to me, and seeing it on a card just makes it that much better. Enjoy!



From Stampin Up
 Card Stock: Brushed Silver, Real Red
Whisper White, Midnight
Midnight Muse Classic Stamp Pad
Real Red Stampin' Write marker
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Snail Adhesive
Wood stamp Something for Christmas (clearance)
From Michael's
Wood stamp with tree silhouette
Iridescent sparkle card stock

Cut the silver card stock 5.5" x 8.5". Score and fold at 4.25". 
Stamp the image on Whisper White card stock, using the Midnight Muse ink pad. Trim the image down so there is no white border.
 Cut a 3.5" x 5" piece of Real Red card stock and attach your image to it using Snail tape.
 Using a scrap of red, cut out a bird and adhere it over one of the white bird images using Snail tape. This gives one of the birds just a tiny bit of dimension. (I took a red Stampin marker and colored right on the stamp directly around one of the birds. I stamped right on my red scrap, and then cut out the bird using the outline) 
The original stamp image has a rounded patch of white at the bottom to indicate the ground. Make an outline of this image on scrap paper to make a template, then use the template on the sparkle paper to cut out a similar shape, thus making the snow mound sparkly instead of plain white! 
Color just the word PEACE on the Something for Christmas stamp, using the Real Red Stampin' marker, and stamp on Whisper White card stock. Trim the white piece to .75" x 2.25". 
Cut a 1" x 2.5" piece of Midnight Muse card stock. Attach your sentiment piece to the blue piece using Snail tape. Add a rhinestone to each side of the word peace. 
Cut a 1/4" x 4 1/4" strip of sparkle paper and attach to the front of the card using Snail tape. Attach your sentiment piece with Snail tape to the center of the strip and that's it!
*TIP- You don't have to use a 4 1/4" strip of sparkle paper. I was a little short on this paper since I was using a leftover piece. I used two small pieces that were big enough to just stick out from behind the sentiment piece. That was you can also attach your sentiment right to the card stock instead of the sparkle paper, which is hard to adhere to sometimes!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment