Sunday, February 3, 2013

Welcome to my blog!!

Hello Everyone!

     I am so excited to be writing this first post, as this blog is something I thought would never happen for many reasons! I am not a computer person...I am a crafter. I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I have an Etsy site to sell my handmade cards, and I also try to frequent craft fairs to sell my other various projects. Sometimes its hard to get new customers for Stampin' Up, since most people I come across aren't the crafting type. My cards are up on Etsy, but they get lost in the hundreds of other beautiful and unique cards that share the site. And craft fairs are either hit or miss...I have had great success, but also a whole lot of nothing! SO needless to say, it has been a hard road at times expanding my crafting businesses! However, I am not about to give up!!!

      Crafting has always been my passion, and once I started a family and became a stay at home mother, I figured now was the time to put things into action. Mostly, I wanted to make my own money so my husband didn't have to pay for my crafting addiction, but also because I always dreamed of having my own business. And so began all of my endeavors mentioned above!

     I brainstorm often with my family and friends, on how to expand, or how to get some advertising. One day, a friend of mine sent me a blog she found on Pinterest (which I still won't look at because I know I will be addicted!) Instead of bothering me to join Pinterest...again...she simply pointed out that this clever woman was blogging about crafts that she made, and making supply lists to go along with these projects. Conveniently, she too was a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and had her blog linked to her Stampin' Up website.
I laughed it off and said "I don't have time to blog, but thanks for the idea". But then I started thinking she was right....it was a great way to advertise AND maybe get some more attention for the things that I make. AND I would get to share my ideas, and teach in a very broad sense. (Forgot to mention up there with all those other things, that I try to teach monthly classes too!) So I decided to do it, with her promise to help me, since the "I don't have time" thing was also an excuse to hide the fact that I am super intimidated by anything remotely technological!

     And so the idea was born! And to make sure that I would keep up with it, I decided to go ahead with ANOTHER crazy idea that I had called My 52 Card Challenge. I have many many cool stamp sets, crafting tools and paper that I have never used because I don't take the time to enjoy them. I concentrate on projects that I have to do, not always the projects I want to do. So I told myself that I would come up with a new card design, or related craft, every week for a whole year. And so far, I have actually done it! This week starts week 6, so I figured I better get the blog done so I could start filling it with projects, instructions and supply lists before I got too far behind.

     So...please enjoy! This whole thing means more to me than I thought it would. Check out my projects, share your thoughts, and come along with me on the many journeys I have set forth! Pictures and card posts coming soon....I swear!!!!!!!! (and have patience as I still try to figure out how to link things)

No comments:

Post a Comment