Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 5 (January 27th) - Catch Up!

     This week has a few projects in one, and they are a bit different than my previous weeks. Every week, I strive to come up with an original idea, and try to incorporate something new....a new technique, a new tool, a new layout, etc. I had one of these ideas, and I decided to push it back until the following week. What I did instead, I feel still fits into the definition of my card challenge.
     I had 2 cards that I made as samples for an Intro to Rubber Stamping class that I was supposed to teach. Unfortunately, the class did not happen due to low enrollment. I vowed to make more of these cards to add to my stock. I often make a card that I am happy with and think it would be nice to have more of them, but I never find the time to do it. THIS is how it fit into my challenge! I was able to make myself do something that I don't usually get around to doing!
     One is a Happy Birthday card, and the other was designed as a Valentines card in time with the class. But it can certainly be used for someone special any time of the year. The other cards you will see here were samples I recently made for a Stampin' Up party that I helped host for a friend of mine. At every party, I demonstrate a card and then the guests make the same or a similar card. I made these cards using the new Sale-A-Bration products for 2013. The inspiration for them came from a similar design my friend liked in the Spring Catalog. It was not my usual style, but I wanted to make something that would be appropriate for her and her friends. I wound up loving them, and I decided to complete the extras that I made.
      Again, I did use my challenge week to complete a project I normally might not have. So even though I pushed back my other idea to complete these projects that were in limbo, I don't think I cheated! Besides, it's my personal project, so I guess I can make my own rules!!


All from Stampin' Up

Real Red card stock
Island Indigo card stock
Whisper White card stock
Scallop Trim border punch
Textured Impressions Stripes embossing folder
Big Shot
Snail Adhesive
Stampin’ Write Markers:
Basic Grey, Island Indigo
Brights Collection-Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Clear Block E
Patterned Party clear stamp set
Jewel Basic Rhinestones
Party Hearty wood stamp set (retired)



Use border punch on the long side of the blue paper.
Using the stripe embossing folder, run the blue paper through the Big Shot (the lines should be horizontal, leaving the punched border OUT of the folder).
Attach the white paper to the red card front, off-center to the left, using a piece of snail tape in each corner.
Attach the embossed blue paper to the card front, off-center toward the right, using a piece of snail tape in each corner.
Color the balloon stamp, using grey for the strings, and assorted colors for the balloons. Stamp the word Celebrate along the left most balloon string.
Attach self sticking gemstone to one of the balloon.



All from Stampin' Up

Pool Party
Primrose Petals
Whisper White
Pink Pirouette
1 3/8” circle punch
Sponge Daubers
Basic Black Classic Ink Pad
Stampin’ Write Markers:
Basic Black, Pool Party, Raspberry Ripple
Big Shot
Snail Adhesive
Clear Block C and Clear Block E
Hearts a Flutter clear stamp set (Spring 2013 Spring Catalog)
Hearts a Flutter coordinating die set (Spring 2013 Spring Catalog)
Small Heart punch
Pool Party Bakers Twine
Dazzling Details glitter glue
Stampin’ Mat and Piercing Tool
Stampin’ Dimensionals


Punch the corners from the pink paper, using the 1 3/8” circle punch. ( I measured 5/8” in from the sides and top or bottom to guide where I placed the circle punch)
Dauber the edges of the pink paper using black ink.
Stamp assorted banner and heart pieces and cut out with  the Big Shot machine, using their coordinating dies.
Poke a hole using the paper piercing tool, at the two top corners of the three banner shaped pieces. (don’t do anything with the large heart yet).
Thread your string through the holes in the pieces, creating a clothesline effect.
Tuck the piece of thread on the left side under the top left curved corner of the pink paper and hold down with Snail tape on the back.
Tuck the piece of string on the right side under the right straight edge of the paper and hold down with snail tape on the back.
Apply more snail tape to the back of the pink paper and attach to the card front.
Add a dimensional (cut in half) to the top portions of the large heart and attach that to the middle and right side banner.
Use a dimensional to attach the small stamped heart to the large stamped heart.
Punch a heart using the small heart punch from the aqua paper and attach it to the right side banner using snail tape.
Add glitter glue where desired and LET DRY!



(instructions coming soon!)

All from Stampin' Up

Rich Razzleberry card stock
Pool Party card stock
Whisper White card stock
Sycamore Street designer series paper (2013 S-A-B promo)
Pretty Petites clear stamp set (2013 S-A-B promo)
Petite Curly Label punch (2013 S-A-B promo)
Madison Avenue stamp set (2013 S-A-B promo)
Linen Thread
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Chevron Embossing Folder
Stampin' Write Markers:
Tangerine Tango, Pool Party,
 Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo
Snail Adhesive






No comments:

Post a Comment