Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 3 (January 13th) - Birthday Cupcakes

     I made a card very similar to this back in November for my sister-in-law's birthday. It was a few days before, and I was thinking for somebody who loves to make cards, I don't make them for my family enough. Ironic right? I always have so many things going on, I wait too long and wind up buying one! But this time, I was determined to make a special card. Even though I didn't have very much time, I reassured myself that I was good enough at this to make something quickly. For a long time, I struggled with composition, and just thinking of the idea would take up too much of the process. But I had been cranking out some good stuff lately and I already had a little seed of an idea.
     So I gathered the things I wanted to use (again, things that had been sitting on the shelf for a while), and just started playing and putting things together without over-thinking it. This is what I came up!
     And I learned an important lesson that day....simple can be good. Sometimes, you just need little touches to make something absolutely fabulous. I wound up adding the red glitter for the cherries and the clear glitter on the cake plate top as a last minute decision, and I was so glad I did. I think it took my nice design to something really special!


(instructions coming soon!)


All from Stampin’ Up
Whisper White Card Stock
Daffodil Delight Polka Dot paper from Designer Series Paper Stack Brights Collection
A Cherry on Top clear stamp set (hostess set)
Stampin’ Write Markers:
Pool Party
Island Indigo
Real Red
Daffodil Delight
Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details
Dazzling Details
Snail adhesive
Stampin’ Dimensionals
Labels Collection Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment